Changing Chinese K40 to English using Linux Mint

bicboc

Members
May 28, 2024
Hello, I think I've been doing this all wring by posting replies to existing threads.
I've only just today found the "New Thread" link.
Sorry if I have been out of step.

What I have done so far
Downloaded the current xiaomi.eu_multi_ALIOTH_OS1.0.3.0.TKHCNXM_os1-13 as well as the miflash_unlock_7.6.727.43.
Also read several times the instructions for completing the process.
The only step yet to complete is unlocking the phone.
I noted in the instructions there is a reference to using Linux.
Have previous rooted a Chinese Samsung Note 3 using Lineage ROM.

Where I am now
The unlock folder seems to only support Win files, eg .exe
I'm not expert with Linux so not sure how to handle the Linux adviser in the instructions.
At this point, K40 is still locked.
Xiaomi China has auto updated the UI to HyperOS - no longer MIUI.

My Question;
Has anyone completed this using Linux please?
Is it possible? ( I'm guessing yes given the ref to Linux in the instructions)
Is it possible to revert back to stock if the new English ROM install goes south?

Any tips, suggestion, advice or experiential feedback would be very, very gratefully received.
Thx
Bic

Keep things simple and just follow the "Installing with Fastboot" steps.
The latest build for Alioth is the HyperOS Stable 1.0.6.0
Thanks very much @Jacometto.
I seem to be stuck in the unlock stage - using fast boot, following instructions for the old MIUI - when I activate fast boot via the USB K40 screen displays FASTBOOK , but no further prompts. So my guess was that as the MI unlock script only offers .exe there must be something extra I need to do using Linux. But that is where my skills peter out~
K40 is still locked~

I'll try it again using the new set of HyperOS instructions you linked me to.
Oh, BTW, thanks so much for that too - I checked a week or so back and at that time, K40 wasn't on the list.
The list is much bigger now, well done the Dev team, you guys sure work hard.

Cheers
P

Thanks very much @Jacometto.
I seem to be stuck in the unlock stage - using fast boot, following instructions for the old MIUI - when I activate fast boot via the USB K40 screen displays FASTBOOK , but no further prompts. So my guess was that as the MI unlock script only offers .exe there must be something extra I need to do using Linux. But that is where my skills peter out~
K40 is still locked~

I'll try it again using the new set of HyperOS instructions you linked me to.
Oh, BTW, thanks so much for that too - I checked a week or so back and at that time, K40 wasn't on the list.
The list is much bigger now, well done the Dev team, you guys sure work hard.

Cheers
P
You must use Windows to UNLOCK your bootloader using the official Mi Flash Unlock tool by Xiaomi. Use the Xiaomi Community app (and Mi Account) on your device to request the authorization to do it.

Ahhh, well that tends to make it impossible as I don't have access to and won't use Windows.
I was hoping someone in the community HAD done it in Linux and could show me some light.
Thanks very much for your time anyway.
Cheers
p