Xiaomi.eu many bugs

esoteric

Members
May 2, 2024
I just got my first Chinese phone and I decided to run the xiaomi.eu rom. However I've had a lot of problems I'm not sure if they're xiaomi.eu related but I do think they are. I'm really thinking about sending the phone back unless the bugs can be fixed obviously.

Bugs:
Google messages can't receive & send messages even when cache have been cleared and it has been set as default app.

Snapchat lens transition doesn't work for zoom lenses (3.2x) & (5x) ultra wide however does work.

When searching on chrome it sometimes doesn't load and chrome just goes black. Sometimes it just crashes randomly when searching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-00-34-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-00-34-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 157
Just confirming here - do you have the CN model or global? From the config it looks like it's a CN - in that case this seems to be a known issue among CN houji and aurora where messages are not delivering via 3rd party messaging apps. It's a strange bug but global devices can use Google Messages just fine, but CN models appear to be having issues when using non-stock Messages on EU.
Im using a CN mobile. I got it to work by doing this: settings > privacy > permission manager > SMS

Then turning on the permissions. However do you have any idea about the Snapchat lens switching? It annoys me a lot I can't use the zoom lenses on third party apps.

Hello everyone, after updating my Mi 14 pro to version OS1.0.24.7.17.DEV, the app that asks for the pin to turn off the device stopped working. Abs.