Unlock_hyperOS_ Global devices

The credits for the Modem Patch mentioned are at Kacper, btw.

@Kacper Skrzypek , I just realized that you updated the linked modem patch by leaving out "modem.img".

May I ask for the reason behind, why "modem.img" obviously appeared as obsolete for updating w.r.t. global eSIM support?

From which resource/release you've taken the updated "modemfirmware.img"?
(md5: 1b9a133c946d5bd30b71e98e5fc01169)

Thanks!

- modem.img is no longer used because it is not needed and caused the Camera app to crash.
- modemfirmware.img in patch is used from OS1.0.6.0.UNCMIXM. However, you can also use this file from the EEA ROM.

Thanks for the info.
I'm asking because the modemfirmware.img included in the patch is reading md5: 1b9a133c946d5bd30b71e98e5fc01169

...while the modemfirmware.img which can be downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com is reading:
OS1.0.6.0.UNCMIXM md5:
e8b69a9bf5f77f38ff84c58cfa68813f
OS1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM2 md5:
203e180f17605d72b06b8f1accce72b1

No clue why the md5s from same global versions differ?

If I relock an unlocked phone, may I later re-unlock that? The 3 times limit unlock counter is valid for the same phone?
Thank you

I think the limit of three unlocks does not apply to the same device after re-locking the bootloader. Also, re-unlocking should happen immediately.
But I haven't tested it.

Reactions: minoccio
I bought a Xiaomi 13 Pro in Europe.
It is on Hyper OS 1.0.4.0.UMBEUX
In the Community, switched to region GLOBAL, I have applied for bootloder unlock authorisation and got the message: You have been granted access to unlock until …04/06/2025
Connected the phone via mobile data to my account and waited for one week.
Running the latest versionof the unlock software with all drivers properly installed the phone is detected but not unlocked.
Following message appears: Your account is not authorized to unlock. Please change another

What did I wrong and what to do to overcome this problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Bibou
@maherran You should have used the search function.
Flash this modem fix via fastboot.
Hi, thanks for the tip but this doesn't work for me . I have a Xiaomi 14 with 1TB from china, with unlocked bootloader and i've installed 1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM on it via fastboot. Running the install script on a win laptop, all successful but still no service.
How can i check if i was really installed?

1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM this is not xiaomi..eu custom ROM but Global EEA ROM. That's why your networks aren't working.
Install xiaomi.eu ROM.

I already been granted permission. But when I try to bind mine account.. I'm getting to ask permission again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-14-10-51-41-197_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-14-10-51-41-197_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 164
@gogocar62 can I apply for unlocking on a device different that the one that will be unlocked? I just ordered a global X14 and I want to be ready to execute the unlocking (most likely 72h waiting time) at the time it arrives by requesting permission using my Mi10Pro. Rephrasing the question: is the Xiaomi Community app application to unlock a device account binding OR device binding? It sounds like it is account binding, but I may be wrong and then I just have to wait for the device to arrive. Thank you in advance!

@Borg666 sorry to bother you again. I received my Xiaomi 14 from official Xiaomi store. As soon as I received it, I logged in into the Xiaomi account (Settings -> Xiaomi), I installed a SIM card with call rights and data, rebooted with both only data and WiFi only, I downloaded the latest version of the Xiaomi Community app, I went to "ME", Unlock bootloader and clicked on it.

It said to try again the next day. So I waited until it was 00:00 Beijing time sharp, and I tried again. I got Account error, try again 08/12 (almost one week later). I tried again the 08/12 at 00:06 Beijing time sharp and I got the same error again, now I have to wait until 08/22. I don't understand what's happening.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 10 that I have been using for the last 4 years as my only main device. I also have a Mi 6 that I bought when it came out many years ago (also logged in to Xiaomi account) that I have been using as a backup device very sparingly. And now I just bought this Xiaomi 14.

I have not unlocked any devices other than those two (and now trying with the X14). What is happening? My account (according to the community app) is almost 8 years old, it has some activity (not a lot because I'm not interested in those things). I don't understand what's happening...

Any ideas?

Edit to add that the device is Global, bought at the official store of an European country, and under Xiaomi account settings, the Region is set to the same one where I bought the phone.

Last edited:
Are you really sure of having a global device including eSIM support?
If yes, I've no more clue as to refer to gogocar62's first post on this thread, I'm sorry.

Reactions: KrLx_roller
Are you really sure of having a global device including eSIM support?
If yes, I've no more clue as to refer to gogocar62's first post on this thread, I'm sorry.
I'm 100% sure. Again, official European country Xiaomi store. And when going through the initial setup, it showed the option to add an eSIM (but I do not have one, so I just used the physical one).

Thanks anyways!

Reactions: Borg666
If the Mi Community application reports an account error, you must use another one. Unfortunately.
PS:
If possible, use the version of the Mi Community app from the manual, not from GPlay.

If the Mi Community application reports an account error, you must use another one. Unfortunately.
PS:
If possible, use the version of the Mi Community app from the manual, not from GPlay.
Xiaomi is really getting to my nerves with this stupid system... I have been a loyal customer for years, enjoying their products and not abusing the unlock system at all (just done it for my personal devices, 2 or 3 times in the last... 8 years?) Anyways, I will create another account, wait 30 days and try again (unless I go crazy and return my device...)

In the meantime I tried with Mi Unlock directly, and all I could see is the message "Please add your account in Settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status.".

I am a bit confused because the account is added on the device: Settings -> Xiaomi Account. And I cannot find any "Mi Unlock status" under "Developer options" other than the "OEM unlocking" option, which is enabled already (alongside with USB debugging).

Am I missing something?