Twrp Recovery

Okay, hopefully I find someone wiser than me....
I have a Mi 14 Pro CN Version - Bootloader unlocked with NCUnlock (for $85 :rolleyes:)
- I did a factory reset and a clean data.
- Then I flashed the TWRP-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-shennong in fastboot mode (both Partitions A/B)
- Then I transferred the newest dev Rom HyperOS 1.0 24.3.18
- And installed it via TWRP
- Next I wanted to root my device
- so I copied over the ROM file to my Mi 14 Pro,
- extracted the boot image and patched it with the latest Magisk canary version
- then copied the patched file back to PC
- Into fastboot and then copied patched boot image onto both Partitions A/B
- Then reboot into system and start Magisk to complete the installation...
- But when I open it, then it doesn't show root on the system, just the installed app.

- So I tried to install the magisk,zip via TWRP and tadaaaaa "ass ****ed" because TRWP doesn't decrypt my partitions..

So I don't have root right now,
because the fastboot method somehow fails
and the TRWP method won't work until the mighty devs have solved the decryption issue :confused:

So I have two questions...
First, are my partitions encrypted in every scenario (like without Password or Display Lock), because then would TWRP become pretty useless until updated.

And my second question: Has anyone any idea what I may have missed getting Magisk working?

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated.
The only thing I could try is to wipe my device (I already copied 100 GB of personal data and App backups :rolleyes:)
And install the ROM via fastboot this time and doing the magisk install also via fastboot while I don't install TWRP Recovery?

I hope I could express my problem and myself properly

Hi,

Yup, on the first page of HyperOS Rom, about flashing with TWRP there is a link to all kind of versions.
I did flash my recobvery with this one yesterday, works like a charm
Is there
Hi,

Yup, on the first page of HyperOS Rom, about flashing with TWRP there is a link to all kind of versions.
I did flash my recobvery with this one yesterday, works like a charm
I could not find one for Xiaomi 14 ultra (Aurora) ; is there one available for Aurora?

I have a Mi 14 Pro CN Version - Bootloader unlocked with NCUnlock (for $85 :rolleyes:)
- Then I flashed the TWRP-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-shennong in fastboot mode (both Partitions A/B)
- But when I open it, then it doesn't show root on the system, just the installed app.

- So I tried to install the magisk,zip via TWRP and tadaaaaa "ass ****ed" because TRWP doesn't decrypt my partitions..

and the TRWP method won't work until the mighty devs have solved the decryption issue :confused:

First, are my partitions encrypted in every scenario (like without Password or Display Lock), because then would TWRP become pretty useless until updated.

And my second question: Has anyone any idea what I may have missed getting Magisk working?

The only thing I could try is to wipe my device (I already copied 100 GB of personal data and App backups :rolleyes:)
And install the ROM via fastboot this time and doing the magisk install also via fastboot while I don't install TWRP Recovery?

Привет! :)

Чтобы установить Magisk надо сделать:
1. Прошить прошивку через Fastboot.
2. Из этой! прошивки вытащить init_boot.img
3. Установить на смартфон Magisk.apk
4. Сразу его скрыть, потом сложнее :)
5. Скопировать init_boot.img на смартфон.
6. Установить Magisk через патч boot.
7. Скопировать пропатченный файл init_boot.img на ПК.
8. Перейти в Fastboot.
9. Прошить init_boot.img командой: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img
PROFIT!

Повторять с каждым обновлением. Брать файл из новой прошивки!

For English :)

Hi! :)

To install Magisk you need to do:

1. Flash the firmware via Fastboot.
2. From this one! pull out the firmware init_boot.img
3. Install Magisk.apk on your smartphone
4. Hide it right away, then it’s more difficult :)
5. Copy init_boot.img to your smartphone.
6. Install Magisk via boot patch.
7. Copy the patched init_boot.img file to your PC.
8. Go to Fastboot.
9. Flash init_boot.img with the command: fastboot flash init_boot init_boo t.img
PROFIT!

Repeat with every update. Take the file from the new firmware!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-05-05-05-19-670_azstczru.i.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-05-05-05-19-670_azstczru.i.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Sithlord512589

Magisk can be installed simply from TWRP. If you need your own version of Magisk, install it in TWRP via an OTG adapter from a flash drive.

Reactions: Sithlord512589
Hi all,

I have a Xiaomi 14 Pro CN version and have the bootloader unlocked with EU rom installed via NCUNLOCK but TWRP has not been installed so unable to install OTA updates. I thought they might have installed TWRP but did not and found out when I downloaded the latest HyperOs rom via updater and proceeded to install via recovery mode but it booted into the HyperOs Recovery Mode which was in Chinese (weird considering everything should be in your chosen language?) Now moving forward -

1. I presume the only way I can update ROM is through PC having phone in fastboot mode?
2. Is it possible to install TWRP without loosing any data or does the install process require data wipe? and if possible to install without wipe, can anyone please help me out with install please or share a tutorial link. I have read the install steps provided on Forum and I understand but I also don't want to do the wrong thing and stuff it up.

Thank you in advance,

Panda.

Hi all,

I have a Xiaomi 14 Pro CN version and have the bootloader unlocked with EU rom installed via NCUNLOCK but TWRP has not been installed so unable to install OTA updates. I thought they might have installed TWRP but did not and found out when I downloaded the latest HyperOs rom via updater and proceeded to install via recovery mode but it booted into the HyperOs Recovery Mode which was in Chinese (weird considering everything should be in your chosen language?) Now moving forward -

1. I presume the only way I can update ROM is through PC having phone in fastboot mode?
2. Is it possible to install TWRP without loosing any data or does the install process require data wipe? and if possible to install without wipe, can anyone please help me out with install please or share a tutorial link. I have read the install steps provided on Forum and I understand but I also don't want to do the wrong thing and stuff it up.

Thank you in advance,

Panda.
Yeah our only way is through PC or using USB-OTG through TWRP and flash it this way, TWRP cant decrypt /data partition.

is the one for Xiaomi 14 Pro

Devices with Dedicated Recovery Partitions (A/B):
These devices have dedicated "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions.
The custom recovery image can be flashed to "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions directly.
Flashing to "recovery_ab" will flash to both "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" with a single command.
The custom recovery will persist across ROM updates.

Platforms: Snapdragon 685, 7/7s/7+/8/8+ Gen 1/2/3
Devices: cupid, diting, fuxi, garnet, houji, ingres, ishtar, marble(in), mayfly, mondrian, nuwa, shennong, socrates, tapas/topaz, thor, unicorn, zeus, ziyi
Image size: 100 MiB (104,857,600 bytes)
Installation:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Reactions: pandaz
TWRP for 14 series models is "broken" (cannot decrypt data partition).
1, yes, installing via fastboot works. If you would like to use TWRP only via the connected OTG-USB
2, Installing TWRP does not require wiping any data.

Reactions: pandaz
Yeah our only way is through PC or using USB-OTG through TWRP and flash it this way, TWRP cant decrypt /data partition.

is the one for Xiaomi 14 Pro

Devices with Dedicated Recovery Partitions (A/B):
These devices have dedicated "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions.
The custom recovery image can be flashed to "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions directly.
Flashing to "recovery_ab" will flash to both "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" with a single command.
The custom recovery will persist across ROM updates.

Platforms: Snapdragon 685, 7/7s/7+/8/8+ Gen 1/2/3
Devices: cupid, diting, fuxi, garnet, houji, ingres, ishtar, marble(in), mayfly, mondrian, nuwa, shennong, socrates, tapas/topaz, thor, unicorn, zeus, ziyi
Image size: 100 MiB (104,857,600 bytes)
Installation:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery
Thanks for the reply mate!

If TWRP can't decrypt is there a point in installing TWRP? I mean updating ROM via PC shouldn't be a hard process as it has all the PC CMD required files to do so?

TWRP for 14 series models is "broken" (cannot decrypt data partition).
1, yes, installing via fastboot works. If you would like to use TWRP only via the connected OTG-USB
2, Installing TWRP does not require wiping any data.
Thanks for the reply mate!

Updating rom via Fastboot mode doesn't wipe data correct?

Not if you use the "update rom" script.

Installing with Fastboot:
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!

You may need the appropriate drivers on your PC. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/installing-xiaomi-drivers-for-pc.73382/post-729299

Not if you use the "update rom" script.

Installing with Fastboot:
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!

You may need the appropriate drivers on your PC. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/installing-xiaomi-drivers-for-pc.73382/post-729299
awesome! thanks for info - I had the EU rom install done by NCUNLOCK so I can only presume he installed the drivers as he installed via Fastboot but I can try run the update_rom script and if it doesn't recognise device, I will proceed with installing drivers.

One other question, my recovery mode is in Chinese language - is it possible to change to eng? everything else is in eng but not that.

Cheers.