RCS Messages on xiaomi.eu ROM

ntlkr

Members
Jan 3, 2024
Hi Guys,

Installed xiaomi.eu ROM and the Module for device integrity on Mi 14 Pro, and everything is working. Except RCS messages won't verify, just as in China ROM.
My device is rooted but I already set all Google apps and services for root cloak in magisk.

Is there anything we can do to enable RCS protocol?

Check the permissions for Google SMS, for some reason on china based roms its not allowing reading the sms sending etc.
fun fact: sending and recieving normal SMS worked perfectly back then, only RCS failed...
But its randomly working since a few days now, so nevermind.

Hi, after updating to Xiaomi.eu 1.0.12.0.UNACNXM (from 1.0.11.0, Xiaomi 14 ultra) RCS not longer seems to be working (it worked fine on previous versions).
It says its connected in Google's messages app settings, but all RCS chats were downgraded to SMS.
I checked play integrity and I pass both MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY and MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY, so it's not about fingerprint getting banned. Anyone has any ideas what might've caused this, and how to fix it?

Reactions: OberZine
Hi, after updating to Xiaomi.eu 1.0.12.0.UNACNXM (from 1.0.11.0, Xiaomi 14 ultra) RCS not longer seems to be working (it worked fine on previous versions).
It says its connected in Google's messages app settings, but all RCS chats were downgraded to SMS.
I checked play integrity and I pass both MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY and MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY, so it's not about fingerprint getting banned. Anyone has any ideas what might've caused this, and how to fix it?
I'm getting the same thing on my Xiaomi 13. Says connected, my partner says our chat is RCS, but when she sends a message I don't receive it. And when I send her a message it only goes through as SMS.
So something is clearly wrong.
I'm looking for a fix.
I've tried wiping data on app etc to try to restore functionality but to no avail.

Passing device play integrity doesnt mean you pass rcs. You need a "working" fingerprint that passes rcs, rcs dont need to pass play integrity to work fyi.

Unless you use a private fingerpeint, sailfish or xiaomi eu fingerprint is well known on internet and is easily banned by google.

So, give up or find yourself a working fingerprint.

It's not working for me either, not in the stable or beta version of the app.

Issue is still there after updating to OS1.0.15.0.UNACNXM
hi,
I have the same issue with my Xiaomi 14 ultra from China but I am not sure it's an RCS issue. All I know is that I can't receive images but only text.

Can I ask you another question since I am new to flashing ROM? I am the OS1.0.12.0.UNACNXM. How can I upgrade it to the latest without losing data? I would love to do it via TWRP but I couldn't find the instructions to install it or maybe I already have it installed and am not sure how to check that either. Hope you can help.

hi,
I have the same issue with my Xiaomi 14 ultra from China but I am not sure it's an RCS issue. All I know is that I can't receive images but only text.

Can I ask you another question since I am new to flashing ROM? I am the OS1.0.12.0.UNACNXM. How can I upgrade it to the latest without losing data? I would love to do it via TWRP but I couldn't find the instructions to install it or maybe I already have it installed and am not sure how to check that either. Hope you can help.
> All I know is that I can't receive images but only text

Haven't encounterd that.
> How can I upgrade it to the latest without losing data

If you already have xiaomi.eu installed, download https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi....0/xiaomi.eu_AURORA_OS1.0.15.0.UNACNXM_14.zip on your PC, unpack it, and run update script (for each supported desktop OS, there are two scripts, one for updating and one for fresh install, you want to run the one for updating, as fresh install script would delete all the data on the phone).

> I would love to do it via TWRP

From what I know, there is no TWRP for Xiaomi 14 ultra

Reactions: ntlkr
After updating pif module to 2024.08.14 (and it still works on 2024.08.16) RCS messages "magically" started working again, which means that the issue is in no way related to xiaomi.eu - google must have blacklisted previous fingerprint from using RCS even though it was passing play integrity checks.