Invalid Mi Mover not working

This is for advanced users
1.phone has to be rooted
2.product / system partitions need to be mounted as RW
Then use root explorer app
Or edit extract and edit super.img from firmware with any android kitchen I used CRB
Repack and flash the new modified image

But I would recommend the EU developers to remove the app from the upcoming Roms for better experience
I'm really struggling with this for a few days already. I have a phone which uses HyperOS EU ROM and I want to backup its data to a new Xiaomi 14 Pro China version.

Obviously these Mi Mover versions aint' compatible with each other so it can't be used.

The phone (rooted) with HyperOS EU Rom used Mi Mover version 4.2.3, I tried a lot of methods but I can't remove it completely. Basically no way to mount product partition as RW to remove it.

Then I tried to copy the apk of Mi Mover 4.2.3 from EU rom to the China ROM phone (which is also rooted), but it can't be installed. I don't know why, but it said the signature failed, while it could install all other Mi Mover versions I get from the apk store.

Anyone could have an insight here? Thanks

I'm really struggling with this for a few days already. I have a phone which uses HyperOS EU ROM and I want to backup its data to a new Xiaomi 14 Pro China version.

Obviously these Mi Mover versions aint' compatible with each other so it can't be used.

The phone (rooted) with HyperOS EU Rom used Mi Mover version 4.2.3, I tried a lot of methods but I can't remove it completely. Basically no way to mount product partition as RW to remove it.

Then I tried to copy the apk of Mi Mover 4.2.3 from EU rom to the China ROM phone (which is also rooted), but it can't be installed. I don't know why, but it said the signature failed, while it could install all other Mi Mover versions I get from the apk store.

Anyone could have an insight here? Thanks
I tried million ways and i don't find a total final solution. I find how uninstall mi mover app from the phone but not from the root of directory so whatever that mind is unavailable install a new version of mi mover because the signature is different. This only happens in 14 and new series because in the old series rw partitions. Remove completely add has 100% possible but now everything change. Hope somebody can find the way to uninstall apk from the root and how mount rw. I let the video how uninstall the app from the phone. Video is in spanish but easy to understand and in order to move i recommended use "send anywhere" app cause this app move photos in the same order you has in your phone. Only you need move the photos between albums and you will have all photos in the same position as your old phone. Good luck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For everyone with 14 series - you can partially bypass this issue by doing local backup of files on old phone and then paste backup folder to new phone. I did it and most of things moved over except sms, call log, contacts and some parts of settings anmd app with protected data. But most of this can be transferred by other apps specialized in moving for ex. call history and sms.

Last edited:
I spent a few hours to solve this Mi Mover problem. Even though I haven't found a solution, but let me share my experiences.

The /system and /product folders are read-only as it was mentioned above. The problem is that root access is not enough to make them writable, so it is not easy to delete the MiMover apk from the /product/priv-app/.
CRB Android kitchen was recommended to modify the image files, but (if I remember well) the file system used by new xiaomi.eu ROMs are not supported in the free version of the app, just after you make a 20€ or more donation. To be honest I would pay 5€ or even 10€ for this, but 20€ is too much when the result is uncertain.
I have found this thread on xda: I have found this thread on xda: Set your /system folder to r/w mode with RO2RW! Android 13, Magisk 2024 method
It was very promising, because using this method I was able to mount the /system and also the /product folder as read/write, but not the /product/priv-app/ folder.
It creates a new super.img file which can be flashed and also there is a possibility to modify the content before creating this image. I managed to delete the MiMover.apk, but it hasn't solved the problem, because installing the app from Playstore or apkpure fails due to Shared user incompatibility:
Code:
adb: failed to install Mi_Mover_4.3.3_APKPure.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Reconciliation failed...: Reconcile failed: Package com.miui.huanji has a signing lineage that diverges from the lineage of the sharedUserId]
Installing the app with regular methods (from Playstore and from the phone installer) gives less information, just the -8 code if I remember well.

I tried to put the global apk from apkpure to the /product/priv-app/MiMover folder with the above method, and although it appears in the app list, but cannot start.

After I made the system folders writable, the CRB can read the content of the image, but I cannot save the super.img in the free version. I tried to save the product.img, but it stopped at flashing:

Code:
Sending sparse 'product' 1/6 (778545 KB)           OKAY [ 24.688s]
Writing 'product'                                  FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Luckily none of the above methods/images ruined the phone. :)

But the original problem still exists: I cannot move my data from a Redmi Note 9 Pro (original fw) to a 11 Lite 5G NE (xiaomi.eu rom). it looks like there is no apk which works on both rom (original and xiaomi.eu).
I don't understand the difference between the 2 Mi Mover app. Why are there 2 versions at all?! Or why aren't there compatible with each other? It's very frustrating. And I understand that the Mi Mover app belong to Xiaomi (and not xiaomi.eu team), but it would be good to help somehow the users coming from a non-xiaomi.eu rom.
One of my friend shared his experience about a phone change (from Redmi 9AT to Redmi 10c), it was very smooth without any technical knowledge. I expected to have the same feeling, but this is totally different.

The above-mentioned attempts were on the latest HyperOS for lisa (11 Lite 5G NE), but as Rob tech.ug said earlier, he managed to install the apk after removing the app from the /product/priv-app/ folder. That's why I gave one last chance, so I tried the above method with older xiaomi.eu rom, the latest one that is not HyperOS yet. The result is very promising, because removing the MiMover apk went well and also installing the apk from apkpure. Although I couldn't try it yet, because the source is my wife's phone, which is not here at the moment, but we will see this evening. :) I'm very optimistic.
So the plan is to use the Mi Mover app and after that update the ROM to HyperOS.