Mi 11 Problem when updating to Android 12 with fastboot

rojata4903

Members
Oct 30, 2021
Unfortunately, i couldn't find any similar thread, so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm trying to update to Android 12, tried both MIUI 12.6 21.10.20 and 21.10.27 and had the same problem: when I am in fastboot and start the update script, it does not start the update and is stuck. On Linux, I get the message "fastboot: error: device does not support slots" and after that it is stuck at "sending dsb_ab...", no matter how long I wait. On Windows, no message appears (tried cmd and powershell).
When I disconnect my phone, I am able to reboot it normally, so (luckily) it does not get bricked.

Tried with 3 different cables and USB3.0 and 2.0.
Currently I am on MIUI 12.5 21.3.17 (i know it is pretty old, but I didn't bother updating because everything worked well). Could it maybe help if I update to a newer Android 11 version before updating to A12? Then please suggest a version to download, as I live in Germany and therefore my internet is pretty slow.

Thanks in advance for any help

Worked! Although I couldn't install twrp so I had to boot directly into it. I also used a different pc, so maybe that actually did the work. Anyways, thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, i couldn't find any similar thread, so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm trying to update to Android 12, tried both MIUI 12.6 21.10.20 and 21.10.27 and had the same problem: when I am in fastboot and start the update script, it does not start the update and is stuck. On Linux, I get the message "fastboot: error: device does not support slots" and after that it is stuck at "sending dsb_ab...", no matter how long I wait. On Windows, no message appears (tried cmd and powershell).
When I disconnect my phone, I am able to reboot it normally, so (luckily) it does not get bricked.

Tried with 3 different cables and USB3.0 and 2.0.
Currently I am on MIUI 12.5 21.3.17 (i know it is pretty old, but I didn't bother updating because everything worked well). Could it maybe help if I update to a newer Android 11 version before updating to A12? Then please suggest a version to download, as I live in Germany and therefore my internet is pretty slow.

Thanks in advance for any help
I wonder if your device support slot, I did this procedure with my poco F3 ant it worked ok. I did from Linux as well.
Did you solve this already? Regards