Fix_SIM_ Xiaomi 14 Global verzion

@Spill Why do you talking about "files"? It's only one file, the modemfirmware (MODEM-FW.bin).
modem.img and modemfirmware.img

Seems like i used another zip. Dont remember where i downloaded it from.

Now it works without camera problems. Thanks for the hint :)

Last edited:
You need to reinstall the ROM (as an update) and apply the fix from the first post.
Do not use the modem.img file. Leave the one using xiaomi.eu ROM.

You need to reinstall the ROM (as an update) and apply the fix from the first post.
Do not use the modem.img file. Leave the one using xiaomi.eu ROM.
No reinstall necessary. I was just trying to update and noticed a "bug", but only because i always flashed the modem.img too.

Seems like both modemfirmware.img variants are working (Global/EEA). Maybe they're the same, i dont know^^.

Thanks for the help :)

Mobile sees the SIM but you have no signal?nal?

Download this package: global_modem_houji
Fastboot version:
1. Unzip the ZIP file on the PC
2. Connect the mobile phone in fastboot mode to the PC
3. Run the modem installation with the windows_modem.bat script
4. wait for the mobile to reboot into the system
5. done

TWRP version:
1. install in TWRP (OTG-USB)
2. reboot system
3. done

This patch must be done after every ROM update.

(The tool uses the current modemfirmware.img from the EEA ROM.)
this solve the camera problem =?

The problem with the camera is caused by the installation of Global modem.img
My package does not include the modem.img file.
Read a few posts in this thread.

- Yes, there are HW differences between CN and Global devices (CN does not support eSIM and also B20 LTE band).
- No, this fix is not intended for CN devices. It is only for Global devices

Please, clarify to me: is Xiaomi 14 CN (houji) different form Global? I thought there were only software differences.
Anyway my question is: I have a Xiaomi CN, bootloader unlocked with HyperOS eu. Can I run the global_modemfirmware_houji for getting the use for e-sim?
The Chinese version does not support e-sim and LTE B7, B20.

Hello! Do I have to extract the modemfirmware from the latest EEA ROM or will this one suffice?

I have Xiaomi 14, activated November 2023, bootloader unlocked, I tried installing Rom TW but the signal and Camera error, I have resolved the signal part, the sim is ok, but the camera has a capture error. The image is upside down, keeps crashing, does anyone have any solution to help me? I want to use TW's Rom, thank you for your help.

This patch must be done after every ROM update.

If you are updating via fastboot, you can remove the modemfirmware.img file from the ROM.
Extract ROM >> images >> modemfirmware.img >> delete

If you do this, you don't need to use signal fix afterwards.
Can I replace modemfirmware.img file in extracted eu rom package with the one in houji_network_fix then install eu rom normally to get the fix done in one go?

Can I replace modemfirmware.img file in extracted eu rom package with the one in houji_network_fix then install eu rom normally to get the fix done in one go?
Assuming that you have global XM14 - in principle, yes.
However, my recommendation is to download and extract the latest modemfirmware.img from here:
(Use the latest version available, except the Chinese one)

Last edited:
Assuming that you have global XM14 - in principle, yes.
However, my recommendation is to download and extract the latest modemfirmware.img from here:
(Use the latest version available, except the Chinese one)
Thank you for the advice. Yes, I do have a global XM14 (tw version).

I did download the latest version of the tw firmware and extracted MODEM-FW.bin file. Is the .bin file identical to the .img file?

In case new firmware comes out, I may need to update the modemfireware.img file someday.
Could I just do: fastboot flash modemfirmware_ab MODEM-FW.bin to flash it?

Had a bootloop to fastboot when using the modemfirmware fix, turns out i had to download the fw_houji_miui_HOUJIEEAGlobal_OS1.0.21.0.UNCEUXM_4be0482345_14.0.zip
and use that one, that fixed it

Nonsense.
I tried it now and no problem. Also, the tool uses exactly the file you quoted. ;)