Invalid [9.3.28] MiPad4 Wifi and Wallpaper

Dave77

Members
Mar 11, 2019
Hi, these issues were on the stable version, i've just updated to 9.3.8 and they're still there

1. Wifi does not stay on after reboot or turning off/on.

2. Settings/Wallpaper does not open. I have POCO launcher installer and when clicking on Wallpaper from the home settings it says "App isn't installed on your device".
  3. POCO launcher - "Hide app icons" does not turn on. Updated app and now works

Last edited:
Hi, these issues were on the stable version, i've just updated to 9.3.8 and they're still there

1. Wifi does not stay on after reboot or turning off/on.

2. Settings/Wallpaper does not open. I have POCO launcher installer and when clicking on Wallpaper from the home settings it says "App isn't installed on your device".

3. POCO launcher - "Hide app icons" does not turn on.
1. Was already reported, and there's nothing we can do without having the device.
2+3. POCO Launcher was developed by Xiaomi, we have no control over apps on Play Store.

Are you able to open the Themes app?
Try going to Manage apps -> Themes -> Uninstall updates (if the button is available)

Thanks, i've just set a wallpaper using the themes app. The Pad is for my kid so has FamilyLink on it, i'd hidden the themes app so had not tried it

Thanks, i've just set a wallpaper using the themes app. The Pad is for my kid so has FamilyLink on it, i'd hidden the themes app so had not tried it
The Wallpaper setting is provided by the Themes app, so yeah, if you block the app you can't set a wallpaper on the MIUI/POCO launchers.

Has anybody reported that Developer Options is blank with this release, I can turn it on tapping the build number and it says it's 'you are already a developer', 'developer options' then appears under 'additional settings' but clicking it goes to a blank screen.

I'm trying to 'adb install' an updated POCO launcher as FamilyLink won't let me install it via the UI Just realised I can turn on 'unknown sources' from my family link app :)

Last edited:
Has anybody reported that Developer Options is blank with this release, I can turn it on tapping the build number and it says it's 'you are already a developer', 'developer options' then appears under 'additional settings' but clicking it goes to a blank screen.

I'm trying to 'adb install' an updated POCO launcher as FamilyLink won't let me install it via the UI Just realised I can turn on 'unknown sources' from my family link app :)
Empty Developer options? I don't know what's wrong with your device...