Xiaomi 14 Mi Unlock

dbicer

Members
Dec 14, 2023
Hello friends, I have a Xiaomi 14 device with a Chinese ROM that came from China. When I try to unlock the bootloader, it gives an error saying, "couldn't add. please go to mi community to apply for authorization..." Has anyone encountered a similar issue or managed to unlock the bootloader using a different method? I would greatly appreciate it if you could help.

Attachments

• 1702556812868.jpeg
    1702556812868.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,200
The process to unlock the bootloader for Xioami 14 series is very long and complex.
To apply you need to be an active member of the official Xioami Forum, in Chinese, and have several months of participation in forum activities and many written messages... plus a whole other series of other requirements that are extremely difficult to obtain outside of China.

At the moment the only solution is to turn to some alternative services (paid and not strictly legal) found online.

On this forum read the post about Ncunlock. I had a good experience, but carefully evaluate all the risks involved...

Reactions: dbicer
Thanks for your feedback, I hope someone finds a bypass method to unlock it and shares it with us.

Some users used a paid service which is discussed in the following thread. Not saying you should use that as well, just to let you know about the option.

yes, we need the new mi community app, which you currently cant get in the Google and Mi / Poco App store.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As of Jan 30, 2024, you should be able to download the latest Xiaomi Community App that supports unlocking bootloader permission from Google Playstore. I just unlocked my POCO X5 Pro yesterday, and it went smoothly. Just make sure your App set to global region and your device isn't China Mainland device. Only non-China devices allowed to be unlocked as of now (HyperOS only).

As of Jan 30, 2024, you should be able to download the latest Xiaomi Community App that supports unlocking bootloader permission from Google Playstore. I just unlocked my POCO X5 Pro yesterday, and it went smoothly. Just make sure your App set to global region and your device isn't China Mainland device. Only non-China devices allowed to be unlocked as of now (HyperOS only).
Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me here. I have followed all your instructions, and in my case, the app has no unlocking bootloader option. I have tried different options and the message "couldn't add. Please go to Mi Community to apply for authorization..." still showing, not allowing to work the unlocking process. My phone is 13T PRO and I bought it in Thailand on August 2023. Now I am in Europe and the app Xiaomi Community has no option to unlock. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You must have the Global version of your device to unlock the bootloader. If you have the Chinese version, you cannot unlock the bootloader yourself.
- Either you used the wrong version of the Mi community app or you did not set the Global region for the app.
- Next, check whether your Xiaomi device has a different region than China.
Screenshot_2024-07-28-22-23-16-827_com.xiaomi.account-edit.jpg

Hi, I tried to unlock my Xiaomi 14 Pro, It says it' a Global verison when I check by IMEI. I'v got this message: "Couldn't unlock" "You are unlocking a special device, which should do with special permission".
There is two options on "Developer options" menu what I cannot turn on: "Install via USB" and "USB debugging (Security settings)", If a try it I get a message: "The device is temporarily restricted 3-3".
Is there a connection between the two phenomena?
Does anyone have a solution for the first one?
Thnx

Attachments

• xioaomi_unlock_error.jpg
    xioaomi_unlock_error.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 81
Interestingly. There is no Global version or Global ROM for this model.
Maybe this applies to something else.
In the meantime, I managed to turn on both options via VPN, but this did not solve the problem.

Attachments

• xioaomi_check.jpg
    xioaomi_check.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 91
It is very strange. Do you have a Chinese ROM installed according to IMEI do you have a Global device?

It is a Cn Rom and the verification with the imei is incomplete and probably false.

Edit:
According to a guy who repairs phones, this could be an engineering device that is used at Xiaomi's production plant to test hardware and software functions.
These devices are not intended for sale to the general public.
So this means that someone bought the device unofficially and resold it by flashing the current rom to make it usable.

Last edited: