New [redmi Note 4] [stable 8.1.6.0] Wifi Issues

Sashinco

Members
Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

Following my issue and my long search on google, I found this forum and thought I could maybe share my issue here.

I am a new Xiaomi user (recommended by friends), and got my Note 4 around a month ago. Everything was perfect until my phone prompted me with the Stable 8.1.6.0 update. I did the update, but since then I have some issues with my wifi at home.
Some websites don't load at all anynore, and some games I play (not playing many, but the 3 I play the most, One Piece treasure cruise, FF record Keeper and Hearthstone) can't connect anymore. Just loading for ever until it tells me to check network and try again.
Weirdly enough, the wifi I have from my work is working perfectly with my Note 4... Only my wifi at home is giving me a hard time... And it's not a modem/wifi issue, as it's working perfectly on all other devices we have at home, and it was working perfectly before the update.

If anyone has some insights or ideas, it would be really appreciated. I already read some topics here, and thx to this forum, I finally understand why I can't access the recovery mode and how to request access.

Anyway, forgot what version I was on before, but is there a safe newbie way to revert back to my previous version, or to do a reset a way or another without losing my appz datas and all my stuffs?
I can transfer my stuffs on my computer, but am just worried about my appz datas before anything else.

I don't mind trying the ROMs uploaded here too, but guess I'll have some more reading to do first before jumping into it.

Sorry for the long text and thx to the community. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-04-10-08-55-269_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-04-10-08-55-269_com.android.settings.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 349
I was hoping there would be another way, but guess I'll end up doing that. Gonna check for unlocking it first, I believe I have no choice. Thx for the reply !