Redmi 11S fails to reboot. I was told the STORAGE CIRCUIT has been damaged.

Lisergiko

Members
Jun 22, 2024
After having battery issues (never going below 100%), my phone service shop said it needed a new battery. The same problem persisted; It basically never showed the actual percentage, it remained at 100% when actually (normally) discharging until it turned off. I went 2 days with the new battery and then couldn't turn it on. The phone charges fine, but it doesn't reboot properly; It shows the MI logo for a minute before taking me to the MIUI Recovery 5.0 Main Menu.

Disclaimer: I NEVER installed/flashed any ROM. This is a Redmi 11S with its factory OS.

Choosing Reboot, Wipe Data or Safe Mode will make the phone reboot and take me to the MIUI Recovery screen again. I try connecting with MIAssistant (the latest, Chinese version) but none of the buttons work...nothing happens basically (Win7Pro). A different phone service shop tried "everything" to no avail and told me something has shorted on the storage circuit. So, not only I can't access the data, but I can't even install the OS from scratch.

Is this correct? Do I have any chance of recovering my data and repairing the phone? Please HELP! Not only I have important things I haven't backed up, but I can't afford to buy a new phone!