Invalid Phone unreliable when turning on

busythebees

Members
May 5, 2023
Hi all,

(Firstly, if this isn't software-related, please let me know)

My phone is incredibly unreliable when turning on from being powered off - I will often try to turn it on the normal way (holding down the power button for 3-5s), force it to turn on (holding down the power button for ~15s) or do a force restart (holding down power button + vol-up) and none of these work reliably - I can be trying for about 10 mins and then at some point it just decides that it will work properly. I (stupidly) let the battery die, and the USB-C port only allows me to charge the phone in one orientation (I can use the same cable both ways on other devices just fine, so I'm ruling out the cable being the issue, although I assume this specifically is hardware and not software-related). I have been sat here for the past 10 minutes trying to get the phone to turn on. One cable orientation triggers the empty battery (with no lightning sign) to appear, and the other triggers the phone to start booting, before promptly shutting itself back down before reaching the animated MIUI logo. I am stuck not knowing which cable orientation is correct, and the phone is refusing to boot. I've tried leaving the cable in both ways for about 20 mins each, so the phone should be charged enough to turn on by now, but it is still refusing to do so. Any ideas of what to do? I am currently sat here with a useless brick.