No more OTAs since HyperOS

RoxasKH

Members
Jun 24, 2024
I've been using .eu Stable on this device since MIUI 14. The rom for this device preloaded TWRP as recovery so OTAs were easily doable although you had to manually install them once the phone rebooted into the recovery. But the OTAs were arriving fine on MIUI 14, and i updated it from my phone successfully more than once.

That said, i received no OTA for HyperOS. I thought this might have been normal as it was a pretty big change, so i dirty flash/updated through fastboot HyperOS 1.0.3.0.

Now 1.0.6.0 came out like 2 weeks ago, and i still see no OTA for it in the update app, even if i manually check for it.

Does anybody know what's going on?
I can definitely update again through fastboot, but it loses a lot of convenience if i'll have to do it that way for every possible update, considering even third party roms not based on the stock rom have auto OTA.

Reactions: RoxasKH

Dang it, thanks a lot for the info. That post is from April 18th, was the migration done the same day? Cause alioth hyperos 1.0.3.0 was released on April 15th, so it looks like an unlucky timing for the rom release.

If the migration was indeed done after the release, ig i'll just update through fastboot to 1.0.6.0 and go on with my day. I'm glad that at least OTAs should work again afterwards.