LTE not 4G

Simonw2008

Members
Oct 26, 2018
Since I installed the EU rom on my Mi8 it's showing LTE rather than 4g which it used to show. It's definitely slower as well. Can I make it work on 4g?

Since I installed the EU rom on my Mi8 it's showing LTE rather than 4g which it used to show. It's definitely slower as well. Can I make it work on 4g?
Really? Its same 4G=LTE, than how work definitely slower? Its only change name...

I think you're just experiencing a placebo. LTE and 4G are used interchangeably.

Slower? A great example of how illusive human imagination can be.
LTE=4G. In fact, since Beta release 8.11.29/30, you can go to Settings -> Notification & status bar -> Show LTE icon for 4G, and switch whichever you prefer...

Reactions: saijd
I don't think that was necessary. An plain explanation would have sufficed.
Oh but it was a plain explanation, that the "LTE is definitely slower" argument is merely a product of imagination.
If you don't wish to be corrected, don't make unfounded claims in public forums. :)

Slower? A great example of how illusive human imagination can be.
LTE=4G. In fact, since Beta release 8.11.29/30, you can go to Settings -> Notification & status bar -> Show LTE icon for 4G, and switch whichever you prefer...
I'm on 10.0.9.0 and there is no such option. Screen print attached. LTE IS different to 4g and uses fewer bands. I gave a history in my speedtest app and it is slower despite your uncalled for sarcasm. If you want to reply to forums I suggest you think hiw you would like to be spoken to before pressing send.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-11-08-57-14-269_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-11-08-57-14-269_com.android.settings.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 245
I know exactly what I'm talking about because I made the switch and the functionality behind it myself. I'm familiar with the code involved.
MI8 Stable ROM V10.0.11.0.OEACNFH was released on 21/11.
MI8 Beta ROM 8.11.29 (when the switch was first introduced) was released on 1/12.
You do the math yourself or do you need some help?
In any way, this conversation is over. You want to believe your "LTE is slower" voodoo nonsense, go do that someplace else.

Oh but it was a plain explanation, that the "LTE is definitely slower" argument is merely a product of imagination.
If you don't wish to be corrected, don't make unfounded claims in public forums. :)

I must admit, Igor, I had completely misread your initial post, so I apologize. I suppose you're right about the human imagination.

I'm on 10.0.9.0 and there is no such option. Screen print attached. LTE IS different to 4g and uses fewer bands. I gave a history in my speedtest app and it is slower despite your uncalled for sarcasm. If you want to reply to forums I suggest you think hiw you would like to be spoken to before pressing send.
Haha good joke bro. Please dont write this stupid things.
We all know that lte=4G, difference only name :-D, but only You see that is slowe haha.