New Google Messages stopped working

Peti0127

Members
Sep 23, 2023
I've been using Google Messages for months now, since yesterday it stopped sending and receiving SMS messages. It instantly throws a "send failed" message and no SMS is received. Is there a fix for this? Reinstall of the app didn't help.
RCS is not working either, but I think that hasn't worked on custom ROMs at all.

Xiaomi 13, just installed the newest weekly ROM, issue remaines the same.

Last edited:

Don't know if this applies to me, I just want to send SMS, not RCS

Why don't you use the Xiaomi SMS app? I don't see a reason to use Google SMS if RCS doesn't work.

The same reason i use Google phone, its very good at filtering spam call and identifying callers.
Autofill (works almost never with Xiaomi sms) and Spam filtering

I had the issue, you have to go to sýstem and set Google messages as default , then enable all permission for Google messages.

Some permissions sometime set as "return blank" randomly because of xiaomi security app, disable it.

The same reason i use Google phone, its very good at filtering spam call and identifying callers.

I had the issue, you have to go to sýstem and set Google messages as default , then enable all permission for Google messages.

Some permissions sometime set as "return blank" randomly because of xiaomi security app, disable it.
Thanks, all the permissions were correct, except sending SMS was not allowed for some reason.

How can you use Google Phone? When I tried it, both Google Phone and Xiaomi Phone open, when getting a call, then Google Phone crashes.

Thanks, all the permissions were correct, except sending SMS was not allowed for some reason.

How can you use Google Phone? When I tried it, both Google Phone and Xiaomi Phone open, when getting a call, then Google Phone crashes.
I use adb and disable both xiaomi phone and sms app so i dont have to deal with them.

Thank you, I couldn't disable the apps, but uninstalling them worked!
Uninstalling work but once you update to next hyperos version they will be reinstalled. So better disabling them, well if it doesnt work then i think just uninstall them every time you update lol

Uninstalling work but once you update to next hyperos version they will be reinstalled. So better disabling them, well if it doesnt work then i think just uninstall them every time you update lol
Just got my first phone call, Xiaomi phone is somehow back, even thoug it's uninstalled lol

Just got my first phone call, Xiaomi phone is somehow back, even thoug it's uninstalled lol
The app you need to uninstall is contact and dialer, dont uninstall incall and phone service.

For me i disabled it instead of uninstall so i cant tell my experience on that. You can try to root your phone, disable it and then unroot.